Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
The 1995 fighting game from Midway Games
- Category Combat
- Program license Free
- Size 3.94 MB
- Works under: Windows 2000 / Windows 98 SE / Windows ME / Windows XP / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista
- Program available in English
- Program by Gamefabrique
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 takes everything you love about both the original game and all the later installments and brings the fighting game into the modern era.
Mortal Kombat started out as a simple fighting game that let you play as one of several characters in the word's most ultimate fighting championship. The popularity of the arcade game led to the developers releasing an edition that you could play at home on consoles like the Sega Genesis. Mortal Kombat even inspired two popular films. This newer version of the game lets you enjoy all the excitement while playing on your computer.
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 gives you 24 characters to choose from when you first start. While some are newer characters, you'll also find characters like Johnny Cage and Sonya. Before choosing one of those characters, make sure that you check out the special skills associated with each one. Those special moves can help you take down other characters faster and get to the final stage of the championship competition.
Though the game shows you the buttons you need to use to kick, punch and jump, you can also configure those buttons to make playing easier. Just click on the options menu, look for the configuration area and change up the movements to work with the buttons you want to use. The only downside is that the game doesn't give you a lot of different ways to use those buttons.
One thing that players loved about the original game was just how realistic it looked. When you slammed your fist into an opponent's face, you actually believed that you injured the other person. The graphics tend to look a little bit dated today, especially when you compare this game to console fighting games. Those graphics also suffer from some glitches in the game that can make your character freeze long enough for a competitor to step up and wipe you out of the competition.
Despite looking dated, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 has some disturbing scenes. When you punch or hit a character, you might see blood flying across the screen and blood pouring out of their wounds. Those graphics are far too disturbing for younger players. If you miss playing Mortal Kombat though, playing Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 will remind you of hitting up the arcade as a kid or playing one of the original games with friends on an old console.
- Comes with 24 classic and fun characters that you can play
- Lets you configure the buttons to improve the way you play
- Will remind you of the original Mortal Kombat games
- Features multiple fights to win to reach the final round
- Includes original characters like Sonya and Johnny Cage
- Older graphics look outdated when compared to modern games
- Lots of disturbing moments and bloodshed
- Too violent for younger players
- Suffers from some glitches
- Doesn't walk you through the special moves of characters